Re: [TeXmacs] X titlebar & iconname

  • From: Brian Keck <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] X titlebar & iconname
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:36:58 +1000

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:48:28 +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Brian Keck wrote:
>>What I'd like to do is have per-directory texmac files. In my current
>>experiments I'm calling them TM (only have 2 so far). The main defect
>>at the moment is that the iconname & titlebar always shows 'TM' or 'TM
>>(2)', which is relatively useless & ugly.

>If I understand you well, it would suffice (and probably more useful,
>since it does not require user interaction) to display the full path of
>the file being edited in the case of name clashes. That should be quite
>easy to add to the short-name/full-name mechanism.

It's true that the full path would be a big improvement for the
titlebar, but iconname slots have limited width, & the significant part
of the path would often be missing.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. By 'short-name/full-name
mechanism', do you mean what I've described, or something that exists in
texmacs at the moment? I'm using 1.0.4 from debian unstable.

Also, the method I was hoping for (as with vim) requires no user
interaction ... the user just changes buffers & the
my-init-buffer.scm/vimrc callbacks change the iconname. Maybe you meant
'user programming'.

I've had a look at the source. Would it be a reasonable approach to try
to create a scheme binding for x_window_rep::set_name()?

Thanks,
Brian Keck