Change lists level.

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Change lists level.
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:27:55 +0100 (CET)

Hello, I'm new in TeXmacs, and I use the 2002 version (i can't find the
version number anyware).
My problem is that I can't change the level of a bullet list.
I created this list using the button "bolos" (sorry, I use spanish version
and I don't know how "bolos" is said in english) and, then, selecting
"Guiones" from the appearing menu. Then, when I am at the end of a line, a
push the button "bolos" again and, this time, I select "bolos" from the
appearing menu. This way, I get the second level for the list.
The problem is that, once the list is made, I can't neither (or I don't know
how to) change a second level item to a first level one, nor vice versa.

I found in the mailing list archive the following:

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 06:04:07PM +0000, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
wrote:

> How can I change the level of a section or subsection converting a
> subsection in a section

You can use the variant-circulate procedure. By default it is bound to
the C-tab and C-S-tab keychords (at least up to 1.0.1.16).
Unfortunately these bindings are often overriden by the window
manager: they are standard "circulate workspace" keybindings.

The recommanded alternate solution is to use the following code in you
~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs.scm

(kbd-map always?
("M-)" (variant-circulate #t))
("M-(" (variant-circulate #f)))

On a QWERTY keyboard, M-( and M-) are actually M-S-9 and M-S-0.

The link to this topic is
http://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2003-08/msg00020.html

I mapped the Caps Lock key to M. Then, I added the three lines above to the
file /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm (the two only files in
this directory with the extenssion "scm" are init-texmacs.scm and
init-buffer.scm).

But it doesn't work.
Can somebody help me, please?.

Greetings from Málaga (Spain), and thanks a lot for this super software.