Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:59:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 address@hidden wrote:
> Hello, I'm new in TeXmacs, and I use the 2002 version

That is a very old version.

> You can use the variant-circulate procedure. By default it is bound to
> the C-tab and C-S-tab keychords (at least up to 1.0.1.16).
> Unfortunately these bindings are often overriden by the window
> manager: they are standard "circulate workspace" keybindings.
>
> The recommanded alternate solution is to use the following code in you
> ~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs.scm
>
> (kbd-map always?
> ("M-)" (variant-circulate #t))
> ("M-(" (variant-circulate #f)))
>
> On a QWERTY keyboard, M-( and M-) are actually M-S-9 and M-S-0.
>
> The link to this topic is
> http://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2003-08/msg00020.html
>
> I mapped the Caps Lock key to M. Then, I added the three lines above to
> the file /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm (the two only
> files in this directory with the extenssion "scm" are init-texmacs.scm
> and init-buffer.scm).
>
> But it doesn't work.
> Can somebody help me, please?.

I first suggest to upgrade to a recent version of TeXmacs.
Next, please check that all other M- based shortcuts do work
with your mapping of Caps Lock to Meta. If so, then the above
code should still work, but I suggest you to put it in your
~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs.scm rather than
/usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/init-texmacs.scm

Notice also that the structural variants do not change the level of
the itemization, but rather change the type of itemize (bullets,
dashes, arrows, etc.). There is no keyboard shortcut to change
the level of an itemize. On the other hand, you may always select
part of an itemize and start a new itemize (level down).
Similarly, A-backspace removes the innermost-environment,
which can be taken to be an itemize (level up).