Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.

  • From: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Change lists level.
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:36:37 -0800

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 11:01 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > That's easy. You should start TeXmacs writing: texmacs --version:
> ¡Yes!, it says:
>
> antonio@guadalinex:~$ texmacs --version
>
> TeXmacs version 1.0.2
> (c) 1999-2003 by Joris van der Hoeven
>
> > You can download the most update version in <http://www.texmacs.org>.
>
> > The newer versions are a lot better! Is there any reason why you
> > cannotsimply
> > upgrade it?
>
> > I first suggest to upgrade to a recent version of TeXmacs.
>
> I use Guadalinex, a linux system based on Debian, and I only use
> apt-get, or synaptic, and I obtain the version that comes in the
> Debian package. I'm new in linux, and I can't do anything better, and
> I think that, probably, there is not a better way to install a program
> in Linux.

There is a much newer version available in Debian 'testing' and
'unstable' right now. You probably need to modify
your /etc/apt/sources.list file to add the newer release repositories,
and if you want to list more than one release, also add
an /etc/apt/preferences file making one the default. (see man
apt_preferences)

--
Karl Hegbloom ,''`.
(o_ mailto:address@hidden : :' :