RE: [TeXmacs] Changing the location of .TeXmacs directory on Windows

  • From: "Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Dan Martens" <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] Changing the location of .TeXmacs directory on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:12:18 +1100

> From: Dan Martens
>
> This is not a configurable option. TeXmacs is rooted in Unix
> where everyone
> has a home directory, this property carried over to the
> windows version so
> each user on a machine (ie. school setting) can have their
> own preferences
> and documents.
> This should not be a problem however as the entire .TeXmacs
> typically takes
> about 1MB of space. Are your space constraints that tight?
> If it is absolutely critical that this be changed, let me
> know and I can
> work it into a configurable option.
>
> Dan

I am limited to 16 MB in %USERPROFILE%, since this folder is mirrored onto
all PCs I use, and takes some time to transfer over slow WAN links.

The .TeXacs folder contains 3.90 MB after one day of light use
- 1.23 MB in .../fonts
- 0.54 MB is .../system/cache
- 2.92 MB in .../system/tmp

Perhaps the problem is the location of temporary files, rather than the
location of .TeXmacs itself

David

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain
privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying
or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must
not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.