Re: [TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] keyboard shortcuts

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Juan Pablo Romero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] keyboard shortcuts
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:21:34 +0200 (CEST)

> It seems as if *some* local (i.e. in "my-init-texmacs.scm") changes to
> keyboard mappings can't override corresponding system definitions.

You have to be sure that the changes are made *after* loading the system
mappings. In order to reduce boot time, mode-related keyboard mappings
are loaded in a lazy way (i.e. when you enter math mode). This is probably
what went wrong in your "math '" example and it indeed makes me aware of
a fundamental drawback of lazy loading. Notice also that certain accents
require a special treatment if you enter them using dead keys (e.g. the ^
on a French keyboard).

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] keyboard shortcuts, Joris van der Hoeven, 04/26/2005