Re: [TeXmacs] hyperref

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: hadar raz <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] hyperref
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:17:24 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:34:32PM +0200, hadar raz wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Yes, I use hyperlinks inside TeXmacs. But...
> If I'm not wrong, TeXmacs is used for writing documents which will be
> presented or printed on other systems as well, usually in the form of
> pdf or ps files.
> If the documents are complex, and of coarse they tend to be :), being
> able to use hyperlinks inside the document is a very important in my
> opinion, and maybe also bookmarks.
> For example, let's assume you are writing a thesis, which consists of
> 250 pages, and is full of equations and citations. If I want someone to
> look at it, I will send it as pdf file, and I know how hard it is to go
> back and forth between references if he want's to check something,
> and so on.
> Do you plane to add this ability to TeXmacs?

Once again, the ability *is* already inside TeXmacs, but maybe not
in all converters. It is already in the TeXmacs -> Html converter,
where hyperlinks make most sense and I plan to add it one day to
the Pdf converter. But that is not a priority right now.

  • Re: [TeXmacs] hyperref, Joris van der Hoeven, 04/26/2005
    • Message not available
      • Re: [TeXmacs] hyperref, Joris van der Hoeven, 04/27/2005