Re: [TeXmacs] How do I get square overbrace

  • From: Andrey Andreev <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How do I get square overbrace
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:20:43 +0300

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:47:57AM +0300, Andrey Andreev wrote:
A friend of mine is using TeXmacs (the one from Debian Testing) for
typesetting a physics paper, and he needs to use a square overbrace (and
underbrace), similiar to the one one gets by \overbrace or A-o-{ but
without the curlies.
He intuitively tried A-o-[ but that did not do the trick.
I just implemented this in the CVS version.

I built from CVS and it works just fine! Thank you! One question - is there any way to control the thickness of the overbrace? This one looks a little thin (but that's already small trouble).

Please try to find out for me what the LaTeX commands is for getting
such braces, so that I can update the converter. I could not find
such commands in my manual.

I tried, and found this:

http://www.texnik.de/underbracket/bracket.phtml

which seems to be quite instructive. It seems there is no builtin LaTeX command, but it is doable as shown.

Also, I noted that what I called square overbrace seems to be called overbracket, so you might want to change that in the UI.

Thank you again!

Best Regards,

Andrey