Re: [TeXmacs] How do I get square overbrace

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How do I get square overbrace
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:05:03 +0200

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 08:20:43PM +0300, Andrey Andreev wrote:
> I built from CVS and it works just fine! Thank you! One question - is
> there any way to control the thickness of the overbrace? This one looks
> a little thin (but that's already small trouble).

I think that the present thickness should be OK: it is exactly
the thickness of a fraction bar. You may select a larger font
with a fatter fraction bar and then put normal size text inside.
However, I would typically use square overbraces for grouping purposes,
possibly nested, in which case a thin overbrace seems more elegant.

> >Please try to find out for me what the LaTeX commands is for getting
> >such braces, so that I can update the converter. I could not find
> >such commands in my manual.
>
> I tried, and found this:
>
> http://www.texnik.de/underbracket/bracket.phtml
>
> which seems to be quite instructive. It seems there is no builtin LaTeX
> command, but it is doable as shown.

Thanks for the pointer,

Joris