Re: [TeXmacs] Notes at the end of chapter

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Notes at the end of chapter
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:58:47 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:43:05PM +0200, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> do you know if/how to make end chapter notes with TeXmacs?.

I fear that this is non-trivial if the notes have to be accessible for
the cursor (I have no time to think more deeply about this now).

On the other hand, if you do not require the end-of-chapter-notes
to be accessible, then it would suffice to create a macro "chapter-note"
which appends the notes in a global variable. You next modify the chapter
macro so as to print these notes (if any) before starting a new chapter,
and reset the global variable.

> I'm particularly interested in customizing footnote to this end if this
> type of notes would help speed the typesetting. (It doesn't seem likely,
> since in papyrus mode they already appear at the end of the text and the
> slowing down is nevertheless quite noticeable).
>
> Another solution would be to create an intermediate macro to footnote
> that can exist unevaluated. The present behaviour is that the text of
> the footnote is typed already in the place of the footnote, which IMO is
> the right thing, but does not provide a way to add footnotes without
> experiencing the associated slowness.
>
> If anybody has ideas about these foot/chapter notes issues, I'm all
> ears.
>
> 'Alvaro.

  • Notes at the end of chapter, Alvaro Tejero Cantero, 08/10/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Notes at the end of chapter, Joris van der Hoeven, 08/15/2005