Re: [TeXmacs] Overriding standard macros?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Overriding standard macros?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:24:44 +0100

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 02:52:43PM -0700, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> I attempted to create a .ts in "~/.TeXmacs/packages/" that redefined the
> 'matrix' macro. When I added that package to the document, nothing
> happened. The only way I could get the change to show up was to copy
> the entire "std-math.ts" file to the home directory location, and modify
> it there. My question is, why didn't overriding the single macro do
> what I would expect it to do? It seems like I should be able to create
> a .ts in "." or the home directory location, and have macros definitions
> in that which override standard macros if I want.

I cannot reproduce this problem. I did the following (last CVS version):

1) Create a new style package (with style "source") test.ts in
~/.TeXmacs/packages
2) Copy the definition of the "matrix" macro from std-math.ts to test.ts
3) Modify the ( and ) brackets so as to become [ resp. ]
4) Open a new document and add test.ts as a style package

After this, matrices in the new document have square brackets.
So maybe you made a mistake somewhere...

Best wishes, Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Overriding standard macros?, Joris van der Hoeven, 11/29/2005