Re: [TeXmacs] Screencasts about TeXmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Screencasts about TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:47:02 +0100

Javier Arantegui wrote:

Hello,

El Miércoles, 30 de Noviembre de 2005 16:27, Joris van der Hoeven escribió:

1) How to get started with writing an article?

OK. That's my first tutorial. You can see it here:

http://web.udl.es/usuaris/w3511782/howto_article.swf

Wow ! That's great ! It is definitely the
way to go when you need to be able to *show*
things ! (i.e. for doing docs for newcomers).

It's an interactive flash file. Obviously there is a *lot* of room to improvement ;-)

I'd like to hear what you think of it, good things and specially bad things. I'm sure there will be a lot of grammar and vocabulary mistakes.

I did it using Wink (1), a free but not libre program. It's not the best option but it's the best free option for Linux.

Did you also recorded the movements of the mouse,
in your flash file ? Because (I'm under Linux),
and the interval between some images is quite
long (I have a blank screen during that time),
I never see animations... (but even this way,
as far as the intuitivity of the tutorial is
concerned, your tutorial example demonstrates
a great improvement over text-only ones).

Great idea, Henri