[TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text

  • From: Magnus Rohde <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Automatically copying selected text
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:33:21 +0100

Den 17/1-2006, kl. 16:19, skrev Kamaraju Kusumanchi:

First of all, I do not understand why anyone would use mouse to select
text inside texmacs. You get better control by the keyboard itself and
it is quicker that way.

And I cannot understand why anyone would fiddle with the keyboard, and remember awkward keycombinations to do something I can accomplish in one quick movement of the mouse. It should be possible to do both without the possible loss of data.

That being said, if something like above happens, you can use the undo
command ( Ctrl-_ ) a couple of times and make your selection again.

It should not happen in the first place. Data should not disappear without explicit instruction from the user (such as a delete command).

regards
Magnus