Re: [TeXmacs] png at 300dpi for equations?

  • From: "Alvaro Tejero Cantero" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Javier Arantegui" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] png at 300dpi for equations?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:47:54 +0100
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=googlemail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=nl9cr+8DG6axd1b2Zhm40nHBvgWJbb7DYxfWYT8vpaQ3RDMYpXWnL8NElunCYRUWl/cHAsSV2jPQUFOunC8CMTv9yqmoSuV+t6CpLh2TGHPvEBTNKCV6h3RfVH5a0syv0giprtc3yzvElv4j4v877+nALhKTAXslOcVBUewiEBo=

Hello,

On 3/7/06, Javier Arantegui <address@hidden> wrote:
> El Martes, 7 de Marzo de 2006 17:50, Alvaro Tejero Cantero escribió:
> > Do you know if/how it is possible to produce high-resolution raster
> > images of equations from TeXmacs' html export filter? The current
> > resolution is well-suited for the web, but not for printing purposes.
>
> Can't you use pdf or ps export?

In principle yes, if there were a way to get all the equations in
separate .ps files with a tight bounding box. I guess the code for
this could be looked up in the html export section.
I would then postprocess with pstopnm since my graphics program
doesn't admit eps or pdf bitmaps.

> Anyway I tried to export an equation to HTML and I didn't get an image
> (TeXmacs version 1.0.6). I just got a webpage with some HTML code that tried
> to render the equation. If the equation is simple, it's a good solution but
> it fails when the equation is a little bit complex.

Are you sure that you unticked "Use MathML" in
Edit>Preferences>Converters>TeXmacs->Html ?

For me both ways of HTML export are among the best recent features of TeXmacs.

'Alvaro.