Re: [TeXmacs] exporting a drawn image

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] exporting a drawn image
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:02:23 +0100

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

Hi
Previously I have drawn an image in texmacs using Insert -> Image
-> Draw image . Is there any way to export this particular image as
eps/pdf etc.,?

In this case this particular image is part of a large texmacs
document. So right now what I am doing is to copy this large texmcas
document to another temporary document and delete everything except
the image and then exporting it into eps. But this is very cumbersome
and not very elegant. Is there any other alternative?

No.

But there is another thing that is often needed,
namely, adjusting the size of the page to exactly
the size of the graphics. To do this, adjust :
[[
Graphics->Geometry->Extents->Width / Height
]]

to some *absolute* values (i.e. : values in cm,
or in mm, not using a unit computed from to some
other length, like the 'par' unit, for example).

Then, you can tinker the size of the page by
means of :

* setting :
[[
Document->View->Page layout->Left/Right/Top/Bottom margin
Document->Page->Margins->xxx margin... (xxx being "Odd page
left", "Odd page right", etc.)
]]
to 0cm ;

* adjusting the width & the height of the page :
[[
Document->Page->Size->Other
]]

In the end, you get a mini TeXmacs document that
is exactly your graphics, and nothing else. You
need to export it to .ps, then to .eps for inclusion,
e.g., in a LaTeX document (I know, I know, using LaTeX
should never be needed anymore, but... ;-).

Best, Henri