Re: [TeXmacs] exporting a drawn image

  • From: "Kamaraju Kusumanchi" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] exporting a drawn image
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:28:48 -0500

On 3/21/06, Henri Lesourd <address@hidden> wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
>
> >Hi
> > Previously I have drawn an image in texmacs using Insert -> Image
> >-> Draw image . Is there any way to export this particular image as
> >eps/pdf etc.,?
> >
> > In this case this particular image is part of a large texmacs
> >document. So right now what I am doing is to copy this large texmcas
> >document to another temporary document and delete everything except
> >the image and then exporting it into eps. But this is very cumbersome
> >and not very elegant. Is there any other alternative?
> >

> No.

Thanks Henri. That was really a quick reply. What would be a nice
feature is the ability to right click on the image and export that
image as eps. But what I am asking is probably too much work. If this
feature is available, then texmacs's drawing capabilities would be top
notch.

> In the end, you get a mini TeXmacs document that
> is exactly your graphics, and nothing else. You
> need to export it to .ps, then to .eps for inclusion,
> e.g., in a LaTeX document (I know, I know, using LaTeX
> should never be needed anymore, but... ;-).

Actually, in this case, I needed the eps file for inclusion in a latex
file. I was careful not to mention LaTeX in my original email because
I was afraid that someone on the list might say something like "you
should not use latex when you have texmacs etc.,"

thanks
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar