Re: [TeXmacs] Second-line indentation in text of bibliography entries

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Andrew Cooper <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Second-line indentation in text of bibliography entries
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 13:51:38 +0200

Andrew Cooper wrote:

Hello all,

I'm using TeXmacs to write an article with a bibliography, using the automatic generation of content from a BibTeX file. Everything has been going well so far, but now I'm stuck on a formatting issue.

In the bibliography, for each entry in the list where the reference span multiple lines, I want to indent all subsequent lines relative to the first, i.e.:

Author. A, Author B., and Author C., year, Title of the paper which |

where | represents the end of a line and >>>>> represents an indentation. I've tried the usual trial and error to do this, but I'm still no further forward. Can anyone help?

As I'm fairly new to TeXmacs, I'm at the level of playing about with various macros relevant to the bibliography, as described in the manual, and I've managed to make a few simple alterations to get other aspects of the style I want. I can see this problem is akin to what margin-first-other does

That's it (fortunately you found that, because I didn't noticed this one in
the documentation ;-).

On my machine (TeXmacs 1.0.6, Linux SuSE), the following markup :
[[
<margin-first-other|0mm|5mm|this is a ... very long ... sentence>
]]

does :
[[
this is a .... ... ... ... ...
very long ... ... ... ...
sentence.... ... ... .. ...
]]

If you can obtain the same result, then the following hack :
[[
<assign|bibitem*|<macro|x|<margin-first-other|0mm|5mm|{old code for bibitem*}>>
]]

should solve your problem (and then you put this macro inside a stylesheet of yours,
which you use in your document).

It is also possible that under Windows, <margin-first-other|...> doesn't work
as expected. This is unlikely but possible ; in this latter case, we will need
to find something else...

Best, Henri

P.S. : You can have a look at http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/ for
some simple tutorials, especially the one about how writing stylesheets,
TeXmacs plugins and the like.