Re: [TeXmacs] What to do to make maxima work

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Brosius <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] What to do to make maxima work
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 13:05:38 +0200

Jan Brosius wrote:

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 22:21 +0200, Henri Lesourd wrote:

Jan Brosius wrote:

Hello,

I have installed maxima on system.
How can I start an interactive session with maxima?

Insert->Session->Maxima

If you don't see maxima in the menu Insert->Session, it
is probably because the command 'maxima' is not available
in your path. Otherwise, it should work.

I have done this , but when I enter anything, e.g. Enter , then the
whole window disappears.

You mean the whole TeXmacs window ? Then it is probably
a Maxima crash. If you could bring us more info about
that (e.g. TeXmacs console output, in particular), it
would allow us to understand more things about what's
happening.