Re: [TeXmacs] Style for pseudocode

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Lukasz Stafiniak <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Style for pseudocode
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:22:52 +0200

Lukasz Stafiniak wrote:

Hi,

Is there a standard style for pseudocode? Is anyone willing to share a
successful try?

I had a look, it's simple, but nice. As far as I remember, some
months ago, there were some discussions about doing a tool for
literate programming (one can have a look in the mailing list
archives). Your pseudocode stylesheet could perhaps fit well
in such a project.

I attach my naive one. I want to export to html. The
second version does badly, the first (based on tables) does quite
well, but sometimes the boxes are unnecessarily narrow.

You could use table with wider borders in your macros.

How to enforce
that the statements <STATE| ... > are in one line in html?

This is the matter of the html translator and of the
browser you use, too. To my knowledge, as soon as a
paragraph is made of several words, browser can spread
them on several lines, as soon as they are too long.
There is probably nothing one can do to prevent this
behaviour of the browser for sure. Perhaps embedding
your long paragraph inside a table would do it for
most of the browsers.