Re: [TeXmacs] Issue with embedding Mathematica into TeXmacs

  • From: Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Issue with embedding Mathematica into TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 00:14:11 -0400

On Thu August 3 2006 6:21 pm, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 05:24:28PM -0400, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> > I am trying to embed a Mathematica session into TeXmacs on my Debian
> > (testing) GNU/Linux installation. I get the following error :
> >
> > Error in Mathematica plugin installation
> > make: *** No rule to make target 'src/tm_mathematica.c', needed by
> > '/home/m_singh/.TeXmacs/bin/tm_mathematica.bin'. Stop.
> > mathematica]
> >
> > Now, I have Mathematica version 5 and TeXmacs version 1.0.6 installed.
> > What am I missing ? These are the packages from the Debian release
> > (packager's name : Ren Van Bevern (address@hidden) - apologies if I
> > misspelled the name).
>
> There was an installation problem, which should have been corrected by now
> in the CVS version of TeXmacs.
>
> Best wishes, Joris

Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the latest stable sources (version 1.0.6), configured
(--with-x --with-imlib2=yes --with-freetype=linked), ran make, and then
created a deb package with checkinstall (had to change version to 0.1 from
src as checkinstall expects some numbers in the upstream), followed by
dpkg -i <...>.deb (I prefer to have a package installed this way). Then I
manually copied over the extra fonts into /usr/local/share/TeXmacs/fonts
(possibly overwriting the default fonts ?). Now when I run texmacs, it
quits :

TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
Segmentation fault

"... With linked TrueType support" is a console message I used to get even
with the earlier Debian packages, but this segmentation fault indicates some
incorrect memory operation.

Any help would be appreciated.