Reporting bugs in TeXmacs [was: multiline input]

  • From: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Reporting bugs in TeXmacs [was: multiline input]
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:49:19 +0200

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:22:53AM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:05:07PM +0200, Kasper Peeters wrote:

>> I am trying to interface a new computer algebra system to TeXmacs. I
>> would like to use the multiline input method, using TeXmacs' mechanism
>> using DATA_COMMAND to determine whether the input line is finished.

>> So I compiled multiline.cpp to see how this works. Although the
>> session starts ok, TeXmacs segfaults as soon as I press return.

> This is a bug; I corrected it in the CVS version.

Thanks. I was just wondering, what is the best way to report bugs? Use
the bug tracker linked from
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/contact/bugs.en.html or post to this
mailing list? I ask because you seem to notice (and correct) bugs
posted to the ML, but to completely ignore ones submitted to the bug
tracker (which I discounted on "Joris is too busy doing algebra", not
on not noticing).

If I have been doing bug reporting for TeXmacs the wrong way for all
this time, I'd like to know :)

--
Lionel