PDF export and paper size

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: PDF export and paper size
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:37:44 +0200

Hello,

just another small issue (Cygtexmacs): I have a document with A4 paper size exported as document.ps, which shows and prints correctly using ghostview.
But "ps2pdf document.ps" produces a document with pages of the nonsense size 21,587x27,937cm and without the upper border. When I export the document directly to PDF, I get exactly the same problem.

This can be corrected by hardcoding the "-sPAPERSIZE=a4" option into the ps2pdf script, but that's obviously not a nice solution.

I guess that ghostscript somehow incorrectly guesses the paper size, but I have no idea why. Ghostview detects it correctly. For Latex generated PS files, ps2pdf also works flawlessly.

So maybe TeXmacs could manually add the PAPERSIZE option to the ps2pdf command line?

Greetings,
Jan