Re: [TeXmacs] Tiger & Fink help

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tiger & Fink help
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:21:25 +0200

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
Hello,

I just upgraded to Tiger and installed Fink. Everything went fine following the instructions on the TeXmacs website until I try to run Source>Selfupdate-cvs when I get an error message:

Failed: selfupdate method 'cvs' requires the package 'dev-tools'

First, you probably don't want selfupdate-cvs but selfupdate-rsync. It is faster and, on the average, more stable. Selfupdate-cvs is for developers and for those behind an rsync-unfriendly firewall.

I have already installed the developer tools. Do I need to move some folder from Developer to sw or something?

Second, "dev-tools" is a virtual package that shows up as installed as soon as you have the two executables /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/make on your machine. Maybe you didn't install all packages from the xcode tools?

--
Martin