Re: [TeXmacs] Tiger & Fink help

  • From: "Ingolf Schäfer" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "Bob Lounsbury" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Tiger & Fink help
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:32:31 +0200

2006/9/15, Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden>:
Hello,

On Vie, Septiembre 15, 2006 06:17, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> I just upgraded to Tiger and installed Fink. Everything went fine
> following the instructions on the TeXmacs website until I try to run
> Source>Selfupdate-cvs when I get an error message:
>
> Failed: selfupdate method 'cvs' requires the package 'dev-tools'
>
> I have already installed the developer tools. Do I need to move some
> folder from Developer to sw or something?

I think that 'dev-tools' is a Fink package. Maybe you just need to install
it using Fink Commander or the command line.

Sorry,

but I have to play the bad guy again. Is this problem really related to TeXmacs? I suppose there is some problem in your fink installation, but there are mailing list for fink:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/lists/fink-users.php

There are some fink developers reading this list, but it is not the good place to ask fink questions. Maybe other fink users are experiencing the same problems and might have solutions for you to.

Although Martin is a very nice guy and answers your questions here, too.

Best wishes,

Ingolf
Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es