Re: [TeXmacs] how to put the chapter name or no. in the table of figures and table of tables

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] how to put the chapter name or no. in the table of figures and table of tables
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:36:33 +0200

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:17:18AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I wish all of you had a good relax summer break. now it is time back to
> school and back to work now.
>
> I have question for the table of figures and tables index.
>
> I want to show the chapter name or chapter no. in front of the figure name
> or table name in this automated index as some figures and tables conflicts
> with their names. How to make this. Asking for hints.

This is a non-trivial, but instructive exercise for the use of style files.
When looking at env-float.ts (C-x C-f env-float.ts return), you may notice
the definition of the "list-caption" macro, which puts the caption of
a figure/table in the list of figures/tables. The macro takes the type
of the environment (figure, table, ...) and the caption as arguments.
The type may also be used to get the associated counter, using

<compound|<merge|the-|<arg|type>>>

Putting this in front of the caption, together with a space
(inside the list-caption macro) should therefore do the trick
(with this difference that you get the number of the figure/table
in front of the caption instead of the chapter number, but that
is probably better anyway).

Best wishes, Joris