Re: [TeXmacs] how to put the chapter name or no. in the table of figures and table of tables

  • From: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] how to put the chapter name or no. in the table of figures and table of tables
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:01:33 -0600

On Sep 17, 2006, at 6:36 AM, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:17:18AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
I wish all of you had a good relax summer break. now it is time back to
school and back to work now.

I have question for the table of figures and tables index.

I want to show the chapter name or chapter no. in front of the figure name
or table name in this automated index as some figures and tables conflicts
with their names. How to make this. Asking for hints.

This is a non-trivial, but instructive exercise for the use of style files.
When looking at env-float.ts (C-x C-f env-float.ts return), you may notice
the definition of the "list-caption" macro, which puts the caption of
a figure/table in the list of figures/tables. The macro takes the type
of the environment (figure, table, ...) and the caption as arguments.
The type may also be used to get the associated counter, using

<compound|<merge|the-|<arg|type>>>

Putting this in front of the caption, together with a space
(inside the list-caption macro) should therefore do the trick
(with this difference that you get the number of the figure/table
in front of the caption instead of the chapter number, but that
is probably better anyway).

Best wishes, Joris

>Joris,

>I've tried updating the "list-caption" macro, but it seems that it is updating the caption of the figure not the detail in the list of figures. By inserting the:

><compound|<merge|the-|<arg|type>>> into the list-caption macro

>I now have Figure 1. 1caption, but nothing has changed in the list of figures.

>Is there another macro somewhere that defines the list of figures content or I am doing this incorrectly? I just need the figure number to be included in the >list of figures content.

>Thanks,
>Bob Lounsbury

Joris,

I got the figure number working(!!) in the list of figures .... but I couldn't fully use the "number-long-article.ts" package because using it the figure number would be put into the figure caption as well.

It must have something to do with the <assign|display-std-env... part in the number-long-article. As a work around I just put the <assign| section-clean ... macro into my preamble so that my figure/table/ equation numbers are reset at each "Section".

Thanks for your help!

--Bob Lounsbury