Re: [TeXmacs] jpg, pdf, png won't load

  • From: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • To: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] jpg, pdf, png won't load
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:21:12 -0600

On Sep 25, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Javier Arantegui Jimenez wrote:

Hello,

On Lun, Septiembre 25, 2006 18:17, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
I've checked the x11 terminal and there is a lot of "image to large
for page" so I went and decreased the size of the picture and now I
don't get a red question mark anymore, but the imported image is all
black.

This may be because in the x11 terminal it says "AFPL Ghostscript
8.51: Cannot open X display", but I don't know what to do to correct
this.

I don't have any problem with my Ghostscript installation. In my system
there are installed the following packages:

ghostscript 8.53-4
ghostscript-fonts 8.11-2
x-ghostscript-fonts 20020206-3

I use the ghostscript version from the unstable branch. You need to
compile it. Although I don't think that this would anything...

Have you tried to execute '/sw/bin/gs'? That should start the Ghostscript.

Javier
P.S. Remember that it's important with TeXmacs to not use folder o file
names with spaces or you will get weird errors.

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

After talking with Alexander Hansen I found out this is an X11 problem so I will be moving this discussion to that arena.

The problem is that TeXmacs needs to be started from an xterm login shell "xterm -ls" for Ghostscript and other applications to run properly. Once I ran TeXmacs from this login shell the pictures were rendered properly.

-Bob