Re: [TeXmacs] Value of the "par" unit inside a block cell

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Value of the "par" unit inside a block cell
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:42:22 +0100

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:21:10AM +0100, Nicolas Girard wrote:
> unless I'm misunderstood, assigning to cell-hyphen a value of either b,c or
> turns the contents of the related cell into a block.
>
> But then, the width of the current paragraph should be related to the width
> of
> the cell, i.e. something like:
>
> par = cell-width - ( cell-lsep + cell-rsep + cell-lborder + cell-rborder)
>
> whereas currently the value of "par" sticks to the width of the paragraph
> containing the table.
>
> Actually the current behaviour is quite annoying to me because I need to
> combine a table containing multiple cells and some block contents inside
> some
> cells of the table ; and I expected the block contents to behave the same
> inside or outside of a block cell. Unfortunately this is not the case, at
> least because of this "par" issue.

Please make sure that you are using a recent version of TeXmacs
for discussions about table formatting, because I made some important
changes in may/june. In principle, it should be possible to do about
aby kind of complex table formatting, and it should be easier than before.
If you want something particular, and don't see how to do it,
then please explain clearly what you want.

Best wishes, Joris