Re: [TeXmacs] copying across drawn images

  • From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] copying across drawn images
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 02:06:30 -0500

On Friday 24 November 2006 05:11, Henri Lesourd wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> >I just spent 2 hours to draw two images and now I want to copy some parts
> > of the first image and some other parts of the second image into a third
> > image. I drew these 2 images by Insert -> Image -> Draw image. Is this
> > kind of operation possible at all or do I have to re draw all those
> > things again? Simple copy+paste does not seem to work. Any other ideas? I
> > desperately need this functionality.
>
> For sure this feature exists, you can select a group of objects
> by means of the Right-button drag & drop, or either, add/remove
> an object from the current selection by means of right-clicking
> on it. But you must be in one of the four group-editing modes
> of the graphical editor.

Thanks. When I am in those four modes
("move", "Zoom/unzoom", "Rotate", "Group/ungroup") cut and paste is working
fine.

> Cf. section 6 : "Selecting & grouping the objects" (and
> sections above) in my tutorial about graphics. You can
> find it at :
> <<
> http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsGraphicsTutorial.pdf

Thanks for the link. I read this document long time back. But forgot to check
it before posting the question. I will read it again. Thanks for pointing it
out.

> P.S. : I plan to start writing the official documentation
> about graphics and some other things quite soon, now.

Cool. That would be swell! I also would like to thank you for patiently
answering all the questions on this mailing list. Though I do not always
mention it, thank you very much for your help.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/