Re: [TeXmacs] Specific character problem

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Vytautas Paltanavičius <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Specific character problem
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:06:42 +0200

Vytautas Paltanavičius wrote:

I just recently found TeXmacs. And it appears to be the holly grail of
my document praparation. However I face big problem. I can't use all
letters from my native language alphabet. I'm lithuanian. Alphabet is
very similiar to latin plus some sevreal extra letters: ąčęėįšųūž. In
texmacs I can already type ąčęšž. Insted of other characters there's
only its code: <#117><#12F><#173><#16B>.

Aha, I guess that there is something missing in the current unicode
support for these extra letters then, although I don't know everything
about this area of TeXmacs.

And there is also problem
with quotes „" these two keys doesn't do anything neither visually,
nor it doesn't show any errors in terminal.

Then there is some problem with your Linux, or TeXmacs
install, I don't know, because usually, the "quote" keys of
the keyboard definitely generate characters.

My locale is
utf-8 and keyboard layout is lt.

This is probably the reason why the quotes do not work.

We would prehaps need somebody to improve the lithuanian support
of TeXmacs keyboard layout, then, because it seems to me that it is
what is currently missing.

A quick fix to your problem would be to use US/English keyboard
layout for editing your english documents, but it would not solve
the problem for working with your native language.

  • Specific character problem, Vytautas Paltanavičius, 10/07/2007
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Specific character problem, Henri Lesourd, 10/08/2007