Re: macaulay 2 in texmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "Rogers, Mark W" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: macaulay 2 in texmacs
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:48:06 +0100

Rogers, Mark W wrote:

Hi:

I am interested in using Macaulay 2 through TeXmacs; however, I am not able to get it two work.

I begin a Macaulay 2 session, and while I am able to enter input such as 2+2, I never actually see the output. I hit enter at the end of the line and I get the next input prompt, such as i2:.

I have tried this on several systems, but currently (14 Nov 2007) I am using a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.10 with Macaulay 2 version 0.9.97. According to “tex –version”, I have 3.141592. It is the TeX Live distribution.

Any help would be appreciated. I would be happy to reinstall ubuntu or use a different distribution. However, older versions of Macaulay 2 may not be sufficient for me.

You should start with a simple test : when you
type "M2" under a simple shell, do you see the
Macaulay prompt ? If not, already you have a
problem.

Next (and if you can run "M2" under a shell),
can you also run it from inside a Shell session
inside TeXmacs ?