Re: [TeXmacs] Re: use plugin , hiding prompt

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: use plugin , hiding prompt
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:13:50 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 11:21:43PM -0600, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Pedro Sanchez <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think I asked this a couple years ago but I forgot how it was done.
> > If my memory helps, I recall an undocumented keystroke that let me use
> > a "raw mode"-like where I could type the eukleides code
> > but I'm not sure about it anymore and how was it used.
> >

> Oh, I found the old email. The keystroke is
> M-* !
> change the language, type code and then press C-*
>
> it works, for instance, changing the language to maxima, and it will
> put the maxima output without the input code
>
> however, when changing the language to Eukleides and trying the same
> trick I get an error on the status bar:
>
> Error: eukleides is not a scripting language
>
> so... the trick won't work in the specific eukleides case.
>
> Any other suggestion?

The undocumented keystrokes (script = M-*) are in scripts-kbd.scm:

(kbd-map
("C-return" (script-eval))
("A-return" (script-approx))
("script *" (make 'script-eval))
("script !" (make-script-input))
("script =" (toggle-keep-input))
("script $" (toggle-eval-math))
("script l" (insert-go-to '(converter-eval "latex" "") '(1 0)))
("script L" (insert-go-to '(converter-input "latex" "" "") '(1 0)))
("script h" (insert-go-to '(converter-eval "html" "") '(1 0)))
("script H" (insert-go-to '(converter-input "html" "" "") '(1 0))))

These work for interfaces which can be used as scripting languages
(see the Document -> Scripts menu). The script l/L and script h/H
can be used for conversions from other formats (all input formats
are supported; simply change the field 'latex' or 'html' into
something else). Unfortunately, eukleides cannot be used as a format,
nor as a scripting language, for the time being.

Best wishes, Joris