Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs 1.0.6.14 segfault

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs 1.0.6.14 segfault
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:51:27 +0200

Dear Martin,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:16:55PM +0100, Martin Costabel wrote:
> I can tell you the line where it happens:
>
> In src/Texmacs/Data/tm_data.cpp, the last line of
> tm_data_rep::delete_view ():
>
> delete vw;
>
> But I cannot explain it; my grasp of C++ is too weak. In particular I
> have no idea what happens when a destructor is called that is not defined.
>
> If one simply removes this line, the crash disappears. The trade-off may
> be a memory leak or worse, but anyway, I am tentatively updating the
> Fink texmacs package to 1.0.6.12-2 with this removal, and we'll see what
> happens.

Thanks for the feedback. I will investigate this problem soon.
Unfortunately I am completely unable to reproduce it ;^(
Any information which will help me to reproduce the bug is welcome.

By the way: is Fink already working for Leopard?
I recently got a new laptop and had a lot of trouble installing Fink.
I finally decided to install darwinports which worked out of the box,
except that the ftp connections repeatedly break down and abort compilation.

Best wishes, Joris