Re: [TeXmacs] Esperanto letters

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Esperanto letters
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:13:06 +0200

oops, I forgot to attach the TeXmacs document in my
previous version of this post...

==>
Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér wrote:
Dear TeXmacs users -

I am a TeXmacs beginner, trying to put together some material on
Esperanto. The thing is, in Esperanto, there are certain consonants
which have a ^ sign above them, like in "&#265;apitro" (chapter). Is there
a) a way to do this, and b) an easy way to do this?

I guess TeXmacs supports unicode, thus you could
cut & paste the character, and then embed it inside
a macro. [it seems that in fact, TeXmacs does not
supports unicode (?)]

Another way is to use math mode, as it is done in
the attached document. You can also embed this one
inside a macro.

For how to deal with macros & markup, look:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf

Also, the same &#265;apitro - I would to change the default heading "Chapter"
to "&#265;apitro" - is this possible?

There are files somewhere in the TeXmacs distribution
which contain the translations of a number of common
words in all the supported language. You can either
patch one of those, or start a new one if the language
you want does not exist (then, send a patch to Joris).

As far as I remember, once you switch the language
of the document (menu entry: Document->Language),
then the words like "Chapter" are changed accordingly.

<TeXmacs|1.0.6.14>

<\body>
  <math|<with|math-font-family|up|<wide|C|^>>>apitro

<\initial>
  <\collection>
    <associate|page-type|>
    <associate|preamble|false>