Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:04:50 +0100

Hi,

El Domingo, 22 de Febrero de 2009, Paul Zarucki escribió:
> I attach a simple shell script which downloads and installs Texmacs
> 1.0.7 from source code. If you already have Texmacs, it will be removed
> and replaced with the new one. I have tested it on Ubuntu 8.04 and it
> works for me but I offer no guarantees!

I find it quite useful. One simple question, why do you compile TeXmacs
instead of downloading and installing the binary version? It would be much
faster and good enough for most of the users IMHO.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es