Re: [TeXmacs] Hello

  • From: bytecolor <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Hello
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Robert

Yes, a table of default key bindings would be great. To, as you said, 'avoid
clashes'.

As far as the etiquette, I really don't know when it comes to TeXmacs. I'm
very much a novice with the app. I can speak of a couple of examples from
Emacs. 'C-c' is generally the prefix used for minor modes; left open to allow
user modification. Also, 'C-h' is _the_ help prefix in Emacs, as I mentioned
in my previous post.

As an example, you want to create a key binding, say 'C-c t'. In Emacs you
could see if it is taken in the current mode by typing 'C-h k C-c t'.
'C-h k' runs the command `describe-key' with 'C-c t' as the argument. If it
is unbound, Emacs will say something like `C-c t is undefined'. So you are
probably safe to create that binding without clobbering something.

I did find a few similar commands in TeXmacs:
(kbd-find-inv-binding com)
(kbd-find-key-binding key)
(kbd-get-command key)

I started playing with these a while ago.

One thing we have to keep in mind; There are a LOT of key binding in TeXmacs.
I may generate a table of key bindings, but it will be quite large.

I know what you mean about the docs. I generated HTML from the source. You
can go to Tools->Web->Create web site...

Enter the source directory for the documentation. On my Ubuntu system, it is:
/usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/doc. Then enter a destination directory.

I'm much more comfy in Firefox, until I get used to the TeXmacs interface.

I'll post again if I come across anything interesting. I finished my Final
today and I'm off for two weeks! Time to hack!

BTW, I'm using TeXmacs version 1.0.6.14

--
bytecolor (S. Edward Dolan)