[TeXmacs] Hello

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Hello
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:44:48 +0200 (CEST)

Great Project. I've been digging into TeXmacs for a couple of weeks now. I
don't know how I went this long without trying the app.

My main concern as a user at this point is configuring the keyboard. I'm an
Emacs user, so the input is very close to what I would expect. What I'd like,
if possible, is to produce a list of key binding for a given mode. C-h b in
Emacs. I found the kbd*.scm files. I'd thought of parsing them and producing
XHTML tables for the default binding. But I have Scheme right there (which I'm
learning now), so...

Some of the key binding in Emacs are worth their weight in gold. C-h k, for
instance. From what I gather, C-h is unbound in TeXmacs? If it is, I'd be
willing to work on adding the afore-mentioned Emacs commands to TeXmacs. I
suppose this should be discussed on the dev list. Anyway I'm rambling, now.

Thanks for a kick-ass tool.