[TeXmacs] snow leopard (mac os X), texmacs, and Virtualbox

  • From: "El.douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] snow leopard (mac os X), texmacs, and Virtualbox
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:43:24 +0200

hi everybody

i wanted to know if anyone has tried to install texmacs on a snow leopard
i would like to upgrade from leopard to snow leopard
but i won't do it yet if it may lead to problems with texmacs

an other solution to use texmacs, is to use it in an virtual linux environment
in this perspective, the work of Paul Zarucki interests me a lot
it is independant of the OS you use
BUT, i have not looked at Paul's works since months, because i encounter a simple problem that blocks me:
my maths documents are on the hard drive of my mac
so i need to exchange documents between the Finder of my mac OS X, and the Paul's Debian Linux i would use in Virtual Box
the problem is, if Parallels-Desktop (a software) let the user exchange by drag and drop files between mac OS and any virtual system, Virtual Box (freeware) does'nt seem to offer this important possibility. Or, i have not found it.

An other means (not so good but..) would be to use a usb stick
but i did not manage yet to reach the usb stick in Debian Linux

Does anyone know a solution to this problem ?

Vincent