Re: [TeXmacs] snow leopard (mac os X), texmacs, and Virtualbox

  • From: Paul Zarucki <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] snow leopard (mac os X), texmacs, and Virtualbox
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:22:17 +0100

Hi Vincent,

I sympathise, it can be very hard for non-geeks when there is no simple method to install and use software. That is why I thought the virtual machine might help.

The virtual machine can access Windows-style shared folders via the network. Do you know how to create one of these on your Mac? Alternatively, do you have access to a file server?

Another alternative is a USB drive (or memory stick). I have found that it is easy to access this from the virtual machine. Would it help if I wrote a short "how to" for this?

Regards,

Paul.

El.douwen wrote: hi Martin and Marco, thanks for the answers
the problem is, i do not understand a single word of your messages
when i will have installed snow leopard, what is now the simple method to install texmacs ?
the habitual page on texmacs.org ?
dont ask me if i want binaries or sources, or fink or macports or x11 or qt4 because it is like chinese for me -)
just want a simple page that explains me do this and do that to install the thing

for me, a simple install is when you drag the icon from the opened dmg-image to the applications folder
for me a difficult installation is when you have to click on a .pkg, to enter your password, to answer questions, and after 5 minutes say "ouf" when the installator has finished its work

a force the trait a little, because my aim is to be able one day, to present texmacs to my colleagues, and to tell them, "texmacs is easy to install, just do this", among them of course 80% only know how to start and shut off the computer

as i said in former message, best solution would be debian linux of Paul, but i have not found yet the means to exchange files between real hard drive and virtual hard drive of virtual debian

thanks :-) and sorry for bad english :-)

Vincent

--

Electronic Equipments Ltd.
101 Ridgeway Avenue, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QN, United Kingdom

Technical Services