Re: [TeXmacs] Possible bug in the export to PDF

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Possible bug in the export to PDF
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:59:24 +0200

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:27:40PM +0200, Marc Mertens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to export my texmacs documents to a pdf file that I can use on
> my
> e-book reader. To make the pdf file readable on the relative small screen
> of
> the reader I choose page size A5 and set Odd page left/right margin and
> Even
> page left margin to 10. In texmacs everything looks good but in the
> exported
> pdf file the left/right margins are set to 0. If I leave the margins in
> texmacs
> to auto I have again margins in the exported pdf file.
> Do I do something wrong our is there a bug in the export to pdf?

I don't think that there is a bug in the Postscript export,
neither in ghostscript's converter to Pdf.
You probably did not set all margins right.
Best is to start with a blank document and do:

Document -> View -> Page layout -> Margins as on paper
Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper
Document -> Page -> Size -> A5
Document -> Page -> Margins -> Odd page left margin ~~> 10mm
Document -> Page -> Margins -> Even page left margin ~~> 10mm
Document -> Page -> Margins -> Odd page right margin ~~> 10mm

I just tested on my computer and things export well.

Best wishes, --Joris