Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Problem using cocoa TeXmacs SVN on Mac OSX

  • From: Madhusudan Singh <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Problem using cocoa TeXmacs SVN on Mac OSX
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:02:37 -0700

I guess you did not read my message initially. Would I be correct in assuming that the X11 version uses fink/macports ? If so, the package has a dependency on texlive. I already have MacTeX installed (that fink / macports cannot use). Kind of pointless to waste disk space two times, potentially mess up executable paths, don't you think ?

If not, my own experience with X11 apps on Mac is that the windows, copy, paste etc. do not work nicely all the time.

I might be forced to use X11 with Matlab as there are no choices (and there is not much cross GUI work that Matlab needs). But a word processor, especially a scientific one, is a different matter.