Re: [TeXmacs] Feedback on texmacx

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Feedback on texmacx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:18:03 +0200

On 11 June 2010 18:04, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:

> I really miss latex's lstlistings. I wrote a literate programming addon for
> Lyx (http://www.nongnu.org/newfangle/index.shtml). The weave side was done
> entirely in latex macros and based on lstlistings, and the tangle side was
> done with a single awk script. I see that texmacs replaces tex mostly (fair
> enough, the difficulties in parsing tex drove me to texmacs). I intend to
> port the literate programming to texmacs and implement as xslt and guile.  I
> guess I'll have a lot to do to get lstlistings ported. Mainly it had syntax
> highlighting and line counting, but it had some freaky tricks to approximate
> per-word grids for fake mono-spacing with variable fonts. (I know about
> lp4texmacs).

I've been using texmacs for literate programming over the last year
with a bunch of hacks.
There is a small environment for texmacs to install that makes a new
document class, 'noweb'. The document is exported to verbatim from
within texmacs, and then I run notangle on it to get the various
parts. I haven't implemented a nice make interface as you have. One
nice feature is that because of texmacs' sessions, at the end of the
document I have a shell session and a scheme session that I use to
generate everything. So I don't need to remember how to do stuff.

Inserting a new section is done with ctrl-2, and a link to a prev
section with ctrl-1. It is nice that once that is done you can easily
jump between the different parts of the program.

Syntax highlighting of the different languages has to be hard coded
using cpp for now....

It would really be nice to make it less hacky, add some make
possibility that recognizes changes, and the possibility to reassemble
the document from the files so that you can edit your code in whatever
editor you want....

Michael