Re: [TeXmacs] my macros stopped working after upgrade to 1.0.7.9

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] my macros stopped working after upgrade to 1.0.7.9
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 23:52:20 +0100

Dear Peter,

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:17:44PM +0100, Peter Rapčan wrote:
> After opening my document in TeXmacs 1.0.7.9, my macros automatically
> received an additional "around*" part to facilitate the new automatic
> brackets. However, the macros do not work properly anymore. Before, I could
> write \ket [enter] and enter whatever in the ket. Now typing \ket [enter] I
> get a ket with a question mark, i.e. |?> and I see no way how to write
> anything inside of the ket. I don't know how to fix this/what is wrong with
> the updated macros. Could anyone help me please?
>
> Please find attached the original as well as the auto-updated macros.

The problem is actually different: you should no longer put the invisible
assignments
in your main document, but rather put them in the preamble. I also made
another change,
which I (erroneously) assumed to be correct, and which determines the current
environment
at the cursor position in a much faster, though more heuristic way. The
problem with
the question mark is that ket and bra are no longer recognized as macros
which take
one argument; please try to disable Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental ->
Fast
environments and see whether this solves your problem.

Thanks for reporting this bug. I probably should move all macro assignments
out of
the document and put them in the preamble, during the upgrading process.
I will think about a good solution for the next release.

Best, --Joris