Re: [TeXmacs] UNIX error 84

  • From: Masaru Nomiya <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] UNIX error 84
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:29:33 +0900

Hello,

> Looks like some locale-related problem.

Hum,

> 1. From xterm (or konsole or whatever you use), try

> maxima

> Does it run normally? What does it say about its version and the lisp it
> uses?

It doesn't run normally. That is, I get an error message;

*** - UNIX error 84 (EILSEQ): Invalid multibyte or wide character

Ah, it's a maxima's problem...

Anyway, I compiled maxima 5.23.1. After the error message, It say;

Maxima 5.23.1 http://maxima.sourceforge.net
using Lisp CLISP 2.44.1 (2008-02-23)

> 2. Try to run maxima_detect (it is in /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/, or where
> you installed TeXmacs). It should say something like

> grozin@elrond ~ $ /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_detect
> (
> "5.23.1 cmucl"
> "5.23.1 ecl"
> "5.23.1 clisp"
> "5.23.1 gcl"
> "5.23.1 sbcl"
> "5.23.1 openmcl"
> )

> Each line in the list gives the maxima version and lisp.

I doesn't proceed;

msaru@linux-6pi6:~> /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_detect
(

Why...?

> 3. Try to run tm_maxima (it lives in the same directory) with 2
> parameters: version and lisp. To this end, first set

> TEXMACS_PATH=/usr/share/TeXmacs
> export TEXMACS_MAXIMA_PATH

> (modify the path to your needs; this derectory must contain the
> subdirectory plugins/ ). Then

> grozin@elrond ~ $ /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_maxima 5.23.1 gcl
> verbatim:
> Maxima 5.23.1 http://maxima.sourceforge.net
> using Lisp GNU Common Lisp (GCL) GCL 2.6.8 (a.k.a. GCL)
> Distributed under the GNU Public License. See the file COPYING.
> Dedicated to the memory of William Schelter.
> The function bug_report() provides bug reporting information.
> channel:promptlatex:\red (\mathrm{\%i}1) \black

> At this point, you should be able to type end execute maxima commands,
> e.g.,

> quit();
> latex:\red The end\black

I got the same result.

> 4. Start texmacs from xterm (or whatever), try to start a maxima session
> from it, and observe error messages in this xterm.

> 5. Try to change locale:

> export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8

> or

> export LC_ALL=C

> Do things work in these locales?

No, I get the error;

1. in case of export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8

*** - invalid byte sequence #xC0 #xA5 in CHARSET:UTF-8 conversion

2. in cese of export LC_ALL=C

*** - invalid byte #xE3 in CHARSET:ASCII conversion

> Andrey

Thanks,

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp