Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?

  • From: slelievre <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session maxima; session tableur ?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:40:30 +0200

On 2011-06-20, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, El.Douwen wrote:
>>
>> in terminal :
>> my entry    : maxima
>> the answer : -bash: maxima: command not found
>
> This shows that something is very wrong with your maxima installation. If
> *you* cannot call maxima, why do you expect TeXmacs to be able to call
> maxima?
>
> I don't use MacOS, so I cannot give a step-by-step instruction. But this
> problem should be easy enough. What files are installed by the maxima
> package? Where? Is there a script called "maxima"? Where? Do you have
> execution permission for it? Is the directory in which it lives in your
> $PATH?
>
>> 3) i find very nice to have a ready-to-use .dmg installator of texmacs; do
>> the programmers have the project to create one day a .dmg ready-to-use
>> installator of texmacs/giac/maxima/professor ?
>
> Great! Let's also add
>
> asymptote
> axiom
> cadabra
> dratex
> eukleides
> feynmf
> fricas
> gnuplot
> graphviz
> gtybalt
> lisp (several of them)
> lush
> macaulay2
> mathemagix
> octave
> pari
> python (probably, 2.x and 3.x)
> qcl
> reduce
> sage
> scilab
> shell (several of them)
> sympy
> texgraph
> xypic
> yacas
>
> What have I forgotten?
>
> As a result, we'll just have a (not so small) Linux distro...
>
> No, I am sure packages should be modular. Everybody installs what he/she
> wants.
>
> Andrey

Hi!

Good news: such a bundle already exists:
install Sage from
http://sagemath.org/

It bundles a lot of open-source math software,
including maxima.

Once Sage is installed, you can just add
/Applications/sage/local/bin
to your path so that you can call all these
bundled programs, and you'll also be able
to use them in TeXmacs.

Samuel