Re: [TeXmacs] Macros involving item don't wrap correctly

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Macros involving item don't wrap correctly
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 12:22:27 -0400

Hi again TeXmacs folks,

I'm having trouble with line-wrapping of items inside floating figures, which is perhaps related to this thread, though what I've seen of this thread has not enlightened me as to a fix, since I'm not writing a macro.

See the attached .tm and .pdf for details.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Dave Wonnacott

I'm trying to build a custom "algorithmic" environment. When I try to define a macro "alg-item" that generates an "<item>", Texmacs doesn't wrap the line anymore (see demo below).

Any ideas why?

Best Regards,
Jan

----
<TeXmacs|1.0.7.3>

<\body>
<assign|alg-item|<\macro|body>
<compound|item><arg|body>
</macro>>

<\itemize>
<item>item item item item item item item item item item item item item
item item item item item item item item item item item item item item
item item item item item item item item item item item\

<\alg-item>
state state state state state state state state state state state state
state state state state state state state state state state state state
state state\
</alg-item>

<item>item item item item item item item item item item item item item
item item item item item item item item item item item item item item
item item item item item item item item item item item

<\alg-item>
state state state state state state state state state state state state
state state state state state state state state state state state state
state state\
</alg-item>
</itemize>

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|language|american>
<associate|page-type|letter>
<associate|preamble|false>
</collection>
</initial>
<TeXmacs|1.0.7.3>

<\body>
<chapter|In Which we Attempt a List in a Figure>

I am trying to create a floating figure that contains a list in which the
items may span several lines, but am having trouble because when I try this
the items don't ``wrap''. This is with TeXmacs 1.0.7.3 running on Ubuntu
10.04.

Here, I create the figure --\<gtr\> <\float|float|tbh>
<\big-figure>
<label|fig-long-items>

<\description-aligned>
<item*|1a>Create a figure with Insert-\<gtr\>Page
Insertion-\<gtr\>Floating figure

<item*|1b>Label and caption the figure, just because I always do that

<item*|2a>Create the list with the ``Aligned'' style

<item*|2b>Other styles may demonstrate the problem; I've not checked

<item*|2c>I'm using aligned because I happen to want slighly strange
numbering

<item*|3>Enter some really really long text, to demonstrate that it
goes off into the margin rather than wrapping each line as I wanted
it to.

<item*|4>Create a simplified copy just giving these instructions, to
veryify the problem

<item*|5>Get help from TeXmacs-users mailing list.
</description-aligned>

\;
</big-figure|The long-item list in a figure.>
</float> \<less\>--, known as Figure <reference|fig-long-items>. Note the
problem reading all of Step 3.

Here is a copy of the content of the figure, which line-wraps just fine:

<\description-aligned>
<item*|1a>Create a figure with Insert-\<gtr\>Page
Insertion-\<gtr\>Floating figure

<item*|1b>Label and caption the figure, just because I always do that

<item*|2a>Create the list with the ``Aligned'' style

<item*|2b>Other styles may demonstrate the problem; I've not checked

<item*|2c>I'm using aligned because I happen to want slighly strange
numbering

<item*|3>Enter some really really long text, to demonstrate that it goes
off into the margin rather than wrapping each line as I wanted it to.

<item*|4>Create a simplified copy just giving these instructions, to
veryify the problem

<item*|5>Get help from TeXmacs-users mailing list.
</description-aligned>

\;

<\initial>
<\collection>