[TeXmacs] comments in bib files confuse texmacs

  • From: "Adrian S." <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] comments in bib files confuse texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:39:17 -0600

Texmacs gets confused if in the bib file there are "comments"...

The first reference does not get recognized. In one of the documents,
I even have [1] to refer to one article and [1] refer to another...

It all got fixed once I removed the "comments" in the bib file.

I used TeXmacs 1.0.7.13 in Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat.

This is a bibtex file.  Everything is a comment, except when there is an "at" sign.
I will comment in each bib entry and why that article was relevant for the thesis.
Even if later I choose not to include it.  Writing this commment is important,
since I want to know if TeXmacs reads it correctly...

For example, in which article we can find the "Williams moves"?

@article {anderson98,
    AUTHOR = {Anderson, Jared E. and Putnam, Ian F.},
     TITLE = {Topological invariants for substitution tilings and their
              associated {$C^*$}-algebras},
   JOURNAL = {Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems},
  FJOURNAL = {Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems},
    VOLUME = {18},
      YEAR = {1998},
    NUMBER = {3},
     PAGES = {509--537},