Re: [TeXmacs] new immigration to texmacs for win7

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] new immigration to texmacs for win7
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 22:58:33 +0200

Hi Jack,

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 04:22:30PM +0100, Jack Zhang wrote:
> Few questions for initial use:
>
> 1. Tex lib: does texmacs down loadable version include all tex lib for
> win 7 or we still need to install cycwin or other unix tex lib to support
> us. If that is the case, pls let me know what package do I need to
> install
> to make it fulling working.

TeXmacs does no longer depend on TeX at all, so your question does not
really make sense. In any case, you just need to install TeXmacs, nothing
else.

> 2. Spelling checking: it is so disappointing that spelling is
> dysfunctional after first installation. Does any developing team member
> tell
> me how to install it and make it fulling working in win7.

Ah, we will have to check this. Please fill out a bug report on Savannah and
mention "Windows port" as the category.

> 3. gsview: it looks there is no any win7 compatiable gsview or gostcript
> available online? Any suggestion to make gsview working is highly
> welcomed.

We ship ghostscript together with TeXmacs. If it does not work,
then please fill out a bug report for that too.

The Qt Windows port is quite new, so we still need to debug several issues.

Best, --Joris