[TeXmacs] Low quality PS only in tm but not in pdf

  • From: Syed Lavasani<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Low quality PS only in tm but not in pdf
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:34:48 +0100 (CET)

I am using TeXmacs 1.0.7.14. Before I was using the version available to
Ubuntu
Lucid, (I believe it was 1.0.7.10) and when I was using XYpic, the diagram
were
shown in high quality. However, with the new version the diagram are shown by
very low quality. But when I export my file to Pdf, I get the high quality
diagram in Pdf. I have used the command line parameters in bin/tm_gs script
(which is the same as the one in src/Plugins/Ghostscript/gs_utilites with gs
on
the temp ps file in .TeXmacs/system/tmp

gs -sDEVICE=x11alpha -dBATCH -dSAFER tmp_1833555595.ps

and I get the high quality image. I don't know where is the problem. It's not
the xypic problem, because when I convert the image to jpg and back to eps
(using gimp) still I get he bad quality in TeXmacs and high quality in evince.
Is there setting somewhere that tells TeXmacs that with what quality it should
shows the eps on the monitor?