Re: [TeXmacs] The \doteq symbol

  • From: Friedrich LAHER <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] The \doteq symbol
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:11:39 +0200

Am 23.03.2012 23:36, schrieb Joris van der Hoeven:

i ( 1.0.7.14 ) can get that symbol by @=
Hi,

This symbol does not exist in the standard fonts.
You have to add an entry for it in the virtual font file
TeXmacs/fonts/virtual/misc.vfn

I did so. Best wishes, --Joris

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 03:14:48PM -0700, Kemal Ilgar Eroglu wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to obtain the LaTeX symbol \doteq in Texmacs (equal sign with a dot over it). It is indeed
known to TeXmacs, with the keyboard shortcut ". =", as expected. However when I type in the
shortcut TeXmacs displays the text"<doteq>" in red, instead of the symbol itself. I
realized that in the file

src/TeXmacs/langs/encoding/tmuniversaltounicode.scm

the line relevant to doteq is commented out:

;<doteq> "#2250"

But even un-commenting (and reinstalling) doesn't make any difference. Does
anyone have an idea what is wrong here? Could my fonts be missing the symbol?
Thanks,

Ilgar